Scaffold is a high-risk activity, not just for those carrying out the work but also for the public. Health and safety is our priority and we carry out risk assessments remove risks. All scaffolding jobs are planned from the very beginning and well-managed throughout.
All work is carried out in accordance with current UK legislation, including the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Management of Health & Safety Work Regulations 1999, the Work at Height regulations 2005 and the Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1996.
All our scaffolders are CITB trained and regularly attend further training sessions to make sure we remain compliant with new rules and regulations, and most importantly safe.
Lakeland Scaffolding adhere to all current codes of practice:
- TG4: Anchorage Systems
- TG20: Good Practice for Tube and Fitting Scaffolding
- SG4: Preventing Falls in Scaffolding
- SG6: Manual Handling in the Scaffolding Industry
- SG7: Risk Assessment & Method Statement (RAMS)
- SG19: Formulating a Rescue Plan
- SG25: Access and Egress from Scaffolds
- SG29: Internal Edge Protection on Scaffold Platforms
- SG30: Working from Vehicles
- SG32: Provision of Inside Board Brackets
- SG35: Handover of Scaffold Structures
Health and Safety Policy
The prevention of risk, accidents and ill health and the promotion of a safe working environment are an integral part to operational management of Lakeland Scaffolding, supported by a competent health and safety advisory service.
Our objectives are to:
- Develop organisational and operational structures to manage health and safety.
- Promote a health and safety culture ensuring effective representation and participation by all employees of Lakeland Scaffolding.
- Develop efficient systems to ensure the progressive improvement of health and safety for all workers in Lakeland Scaffolding.
- Effectively work with regulatory authorities, standard setting bodies, professional institutions and trade associations.
General Environmental Policy Statement
Lakeland Scaffolding in Cumbria are committed to safeguarding the environment, natural resources and the health of employees. Our commitment includes incorporation of Environmental practices throughout our business.